Thursday, May 9, 2013

Walk the Talk

What good is it, my brothers, if a man claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save him? Suppose a brother or sister is without clothes and daily food. If one of you says to him, “Go, I wish you well; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about his physical needs, what good is it? In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead. But someone will say, “You have faith; I have deeds.” Show me your faith without deeds, and I will show you my faith by what I do. --James 2:14-18 (NIV)

The world around us is surrounded with strife, but everyday we are either too busy to do any good or look the other way. Our culture has told us it is alright to only care for ourselves, to be inwardly focused to not care about those nearby. We are not striving to become more like Christ. This is something that we can change today. All we need to do is open our eyes and our hearts. Today I challenge you to make a difference in someone's life. Ask God to tug on your heart; allow him to build up compassion within you and feel the joy God fills in you by helping others and let him become an instrument of love to touch those in need.

No comments:

Post a Comment